Re: Load fails

From: Brandon Ibach <bibach(at)infomansol(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Load fails
Date: 2000-07-14 06:41:17
Lists: pgsql-general

Quoting Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>:
> Brandon Ibach <bibach(at)infomansol(dot)com> writes:
> > ERROR: Load of file /home/postgres/lib/vcic.so failed:
> > /home/postgres/lib/vcic.so: undefined symbol: palloc
>
> palloc() has been a macro for a long time. Could you be
> compiling against some extremely obsolete header files that
> declare it as a plain function?

Right on target. Turns out the previous administrator of this
machine attempted to install an old version of Postgres (before I took
over and put on a newer one), and apparently decided it would be best
for the include files to reside directly in /usr/include. Thus, my
compilations were using that old postgres.h, leading to the problem.
Thanks! :)

-Brandon :)