Re: Figured it out (psql and Gnu readline)

From: Erich <hh(at)cyberpass(dot)net>
To: tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Figured it out (psql and Gnu readline)
Date: 2000-07-13 00:14:19
Lists: pgsql-general

> configure is supposed to handle all that for you ... if it failed to
> find the right location of libreadline and associated includes then
> the question is why. You sure you ran configure after installing
> the include files?

I just deleted my postgres tree, and then unpacked it again, and ran
configure again. libreadline.a and libhistory.a are in
/usr/local/lib/. readline.h and history.h are in
/usr/local/include/readline/.

I then ran ./configure.

When I look at config.h, I can see that it failed to detect
/usr/local/include/readline/history.h. Also, I see that it did define
HAVE_HISTORY_IN_READLINE 1 which is incorrect. I would have to make
the change by hand to the file.

I think it may be a bug.