Change to libpgeasy connectdb() call

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: PostgreSQL-general <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Change to libpgeasy connectdb() call
Date: 2000-05-18 14:29:14
Lists: pgsql-general

In working on my book, I have found another problem with libpgeasy. It
uses the old-style PQsetdb() arg parameters, rather than the newer
opt=val PQconnectdb() parameters.

I have changed libpgeasy to use this new style. This change will appear
in 7.0.1. It is not optimal to do this in a minor release, but I have
to document it in my book, and it should be the new format so it can
accept username/password.

Also, I had changed the connectdb() parameters in 7.0, so everyone
should remember what to change. :-) I suspect it is not used by too
many people yet because it just make it out of /contrib in 7.0.

I considered allowing two connection functions for backward
compatibility, but connect() was the natural choice.

Sorry for any confusion this causes. The change will be documented
in the 7.0.1 release notes.