Conditional updateable view

From: snacktime <snacktime(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Conditional updateable view
Date: 2007-12-16 01:57:27
Lists: pgsql-general

I can't seem to find an example of how to add restrictions to the
where clause of an updateable view created via the rule system. For
example I don't want the update to complete if a where clause is
missing entirely, and in some cases I want to only allow the update if
the where clause specifies a particular column.

Is there a way to do this?

Chris