Re: Why database is corrupted after re-booting

From: snacktime <snacktime(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Why database is corrupted after re-booting
Date: 2005-10-26 18:43:03
Lists: pgsql-general

I remember a few months back when someone hit the emergency power switch to
the whole floor where we host at Internap. Subsequently the backup power
system had a cascading failure. Livejournal, who also hosts there, was up
all night and into the next day restoring their mysql databases after a
bunch of them were corrupted. I believe they had write cache turned on.

Of course our postgresql servers on scsi drives came right back up. If it
wasn't for a couple of servers that won't reboot automatically if the power
goes out I wouldn't have even had to go down to the data center.

Chris