Re: Scheme conversion MySQL to PGSQL

From: "Igal (at) Lucee(dot)org" <igal(at)lucee(dot)org>
To: Andreas Kretschmer <andreas(at)a-kretschmer(dot)de>, pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle(at)tamay-dogan(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Scheme conversion MySQL to PGSQL
Date: 2017-12-24 20:54:46
Lists: pgsql-general

On 12/24/2017 10:18 AM, Andreas Kretschmer wrote:
> On 24 December 2017 18:52:39 CET, Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle(at)tamay-dogan(dot)net> wrote:
>> I try to convert a Database scheme from mySQL to pgSQL and have
>> problems with the line:
>>
>> KEY post_date (post_date)
>>
>> and later probably with the lines
>>
>> UNIQUE KEY user (stat_login)
> That's just indexe. Create them later with create index ...

I agree with Andreas.  First create the tables, then create the
indexes.  If you can copy the data before creating the indexes then you
will probably save some time on all of the INSERTs.

I am doing a similar thing migrating from SQL Server, and I am
considering to publish an open source Migrator.

Can you tell me about some of the data types that you had to change
moving from MySQL to Postgres?

Thanks,

Igal Sapir
Lucee Core Developer