Windows install/uninstall as a "service"

From: Typing80wpm(at)aol(dot)com
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Windows install/uninstall as a "service"
Date: 2005-04-21 01:39:42
Lists: pgsql-general

When I did the windows install (NOT as a windows service) but as a task to
be manually started and stopped, it did not creat a DATA directory, nor did it
create a postgresql.conf file.
I even used windows explorer search to confirm that no such file exists. I
did the uninstall and then reinstalled several times, to see if there was any
different choice I could make. My next step would be to configure it as a
Windows service. I am just concerned whether the uninstall of such a windows
service would be a clean uninstall. I would appreciate any advice on how to
get this postgresql windows install working on my Dell with XP Professional
OS.

I feel that IF I could achieve an install which actually creates a DATA
folder, and a posgresql.conf file, that I could then attempt to add the listening
command.

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions.