Re: PostgreSQL 'Corruption & Fragmentation' detection and resolution/fix

From: Fabio Pardi <f(dot)pardi(at)portavita(dot)eu>
To: pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 'Corruption & Fragmentation' detection and resolution/fix
Date: 2018-06-11 13:36:54
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Pavan,

Whatover my experience turned out to be (incidentally) useful is a vacuum over the whole database(s). I have one that runs every night and when corruption happens,  you will noticeit because vacuum will die, hopefully noticing you.

As per the fix, I m not sure. I think that if you find curruption, you should first understand what is corrupted. If you are lucky, is an index, and a recreation will fix it for you. But if the corruption happens on real data, then the problem must be approached in some other way(s).

regards,

fabio pardi