Help with High value unicode characters

From: "Chris Hoover" <revoohc(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org Admin" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Help with High value unicode characters
Date: 2007-08-07 21:09:35
Lists: pgsql-admin

We need some help, we have some what we believe are high value unicode
characters (Unicode 0x2). How can you search and replace for these? We are
storing this data in a text field, and having the data contain this unicode
value is violating our xml rules the application uses and causing abends in
our application.

Obviously our developers will have to fix this in the application, but how
do we fix it in our database. We are needed to clean up the existing data
so our customers can view the data that has been imported up to this point.

Thanks for any advice,

Chris