tsearch2 best practices

From: "Mag Gam" <magawake(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: tsearch2 best practices
Date: 2007-11-18 13:56:32
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi All,

Planning to implement tsearch2 for my websitem and dbschema. I wanted to
know if there is a "Best practices" guide I should be following. While
reading about it, I noticed there were lot of 'gotchas' with this, such as
back-up/restore, Slony 1 replication issues, etc..

What do most people recommend for backup/restore solution: 1) Install
tsearch 2)Alter tables for tsearch2, update trigger, 3) do work .. 4)
uninstall tsearch2, 5)backup? Is that the right approach? Or something else?

Also, when will tsearch2 part of core, instead of contrib?

TIA