Re: pg_upgrade fails with in-place tablespace

From: "Rui Zhao" <xiyuan(dot)zr(at)alibaba-inc(dot)com>
To: "Michael Paquier" <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_upgrade fails with in-place tablespace
Date: 2023-08-08 04:35:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thank you for your reply. I have implemented the necessary changes in accordance with your suggestions.
On Tue, Aug 08, 2023 at 09:57:00AM +0800, Michael Paquier wrote:
> I don't have a good feeling about enforcing allow_in_place_tablespaces
> in the connection creating the tablespace, as it can be useful to let
> the restore of the dump fail if this GUC is disabled in the new
> cluster, so as one can check that no in-place tablespaces are left
> around on the new cluster restoring the contents of the dump.
I have only enabled allow_in_place_tablespaces to true during a binary upgrade.
Please review my lastest patch.
--
Best regards,
Rui Zhao

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Fix-pg_upgrade-with-in-place-tablespaces.patch application/octet-stream 2.8 KB