Re: Move rows from one database to other

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: Thomas Güttler <guettliml(at)thomas-guettler(dot)de>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Move rows from one database to other
Date: 2017-02-21 15:54:24
Lists: pgsql-general

On 02/21/2017 12:53 AM, Thomas Güttler wrote:
> I want to move table rows from one database to an central database.
>
> Both run PostgreSQL.
>

> How to solve this with PostgreSQL?

Should have added earlier. This is a specific case of the more general
case of ETL(Extract/Transform/Load). There are a host of tools out there
that do this. For instance I use Python and the following is available:

http://petl.readthedocs.io/en/latest/index.html

What tool you choose comes down to what you are comfortable with:

1) Writing your own programs/scripts and in what language?

2) Using a GUI that sets things up for you.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com