Re: i386 support dropped?

From: David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>
To: pgsql-pkg-debian(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: i386 support dropped?
Date: 2024-06-13 02:33:20
Lists: pgsql-pkg-debian

On 6/12/24 20:59, Christoph Berg wrote:

> Ubuntu degraded i386 to an "extra architecture without kernel and
> installer" a while ago, yes.
>
> That said, I'm still keeping it enabled on apt.pg.o as a build target
> on Debian sid because even if I'm not doing that, I'll get the same
> surprises after uploading to Debian. Better catch that early.

Thanks for the clarification!

It has been nice to be able to test on 32-bit since it is another
architecture but I guess we'll need to figure out another scheme.
Perhaps test the one PG version that ships with Debian 11 and also run
unit tests.

Obviously architectures need to be sunset at some point and it looks
like i386 has reached that point.

Regards,
-David