Cube extension, week #1 report

From: Stas Kelvich <stas(dot)kelvich(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-students(at)postgresql(dot)org, Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>, Michael Schuh <schuh(dot)mike(at)gmail(dot)com>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Stas Kelvich <stanconn(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com>, karlikt(at)gmail(dot)com, David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Cube extension, week #1 report
Date: 2013-06-28 20:17:38
Lists: pgsql-students

Hello!

There was some troubles with pgsql-students list (message requires the approval of the moderator), so I resending this message directly to all recipients.

Already implemented point compression via gist compress/decompress functions and after that I'm doing same thing in more global way: changing existing code to access coordinates and dimensions through macroses, so that we can store compressed points in memory, tables and index in uniform way. Now |'m digging on some memory allocation issues that arises when creating cubes of different sizes.

Stas Kelvich