Re: More efficient pg_restore method?

From: Evan Bauer <evanbauer(at)mac(dot)com>
To: Ron <ronljohnsonjr(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: More efficient pg_restore method?
Date: 2018-08-28 16:57:59
Lists: pgsql-admin

Ron,

A couple of starting questions:

What is the size and latency of the network pipe between the primary and backup servers?
What is the size of the database you need to restore?
Is there a reason not to do a network copy of the backup directory contents to the database server and run the pg_restore locally?

Cheers,

- Evan

Evan Bauer
eb(at)evanbauer(dot)com