benchmarking proposed config

From: Scott Ribe <scott_ribe(at)killerbytes(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: benchmarking proposed config
Date: 2020-02-20 16:12:09
Lists: pgsql-admin

Does anyone have suggestions for a utility that would easily let us mirror all queries to a "shadow" PG cluster, so that we can compare performance of our current production config against a new proposed config with our actual production traffic?

(We could live with the new one falling behind as long as queries were queued not lost--in fact we know this will happen.)

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe(at)elevated-dev(dot)com