Re: How do I do this in plpgsql ?

From: Vibhor Kumar <vibhor(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Dan S <strd911(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How do I do this in plpgsql ?
Date: 2011-03-19 22:02:26
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mar 19, 2011, at 12:50 AM, Dan S wrote:

> For example if I have a type sample%TYPE
> How can I declare a variable that is an array of sample%TYPE
> I can't get it to work, is there a way to do it ?

Nope, there is no way. However, you can create a userdefined type and can also use array of that
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/sql-createtype.html

Thanks & Regards,
Vibhor Kumar
EnterpriseDB Corporation
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
vibhor(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com
Blog:http://vibhork.blogspot.com