RE: query length limits

From: "Ansley, Michael" <Michael(dot)Ansley(at)intec(dot)co(dot)za>
To: "'tjk(at)tksoft(dot)com'" <tjk(at)tksoft(dot)com>
Cc: "'pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: query length limits
Date: 1999-07-16 07:06:37
Lists: pgsql-sql

Troy wrote:
>> Does Postgres have any limitations on
>> the length of queries?
>>
>> E.g. is "select one,two,three,...thousand from one,two,three,...thousand
where one = x and two is >> x and three is x and ... thousand = x" legal?

Yes, there is. It is set to BLCKSZ * 2, at least in 6.5. BLCKSZ is
normally 8192 bytes, so your query size will be 16k. However, I'm busy
working on it at the moment, to make it unlimited (i.e.: limited by memory
available).

MikeA