Re: [patch] Build pgoutput with MSVC

From: "MauMau" <maumau307(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Magnus Hagander" <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, "Michael Paquier" <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "PostgreSQL Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [patch] Build pgoutput with MSVC
Date: 2017-05-05 22:07:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

From: Magnus Hagander
If that's all that's required, I'll just go ahead and commit it right
away, including the clean.bat.

I think the problem with clean.bat isn't cleaning up pgoutput.dll --
that one goes in a different directory. But it does need to clean up
the win32ver.rc file that gets dropped there automaticaly.

The attached patch itself seems broken (it has some sort of byte order
marker at the beginning, but removing that still breaks with "patch
unexpectedly ends in middle of line patch: **** Only garbage was found
in the patch input.". But I can just copy/paste it manually :)

Thanks, fixed clean.bat, too. My original patch was in UTF-16
unexpectedly. With Git Shell in GitHub Desktop on Windows, "git diff
> filename" seems to produce output in UTF-16. I guess that's due to
PowerShell. I think there's nothing else to do, so please commit
this. Also, I added an item in the Open Items page.

Regards
MauMau

Attachment Content-Type Size
msvc_build_pgoutput_v2.patch application/octet-stream 1.4 KB