Problems with memory

From: "Pau Marc Munoz Torres" <paumarc(dot)munoz(at)bioinf(dot)uab(dot)cat>
To: "pgsql general" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Problems with memory
Date: 2008-05-07 11:19:00
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi

I'm setting up a big database , and when i say big, i mean BIG, the problem
with this is that some times, when a do a query the database run out of
memory, so I really need to increase the amount of memory reserved to
postgress almost 10x, could anyone tell me how can i do that? i mean, what
configuration file and variables do i have to modify?

Thanks

pau

--
Pau Marc Muñoz Torres

Laboratori de Biologia Computacional
Institut de Biotecnologia i Biomedicina Vicent Villar
Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona
E-08193 Bellaterra (Barcelona)

telèfon: 93 5812807
Email : paumarc(dot)munoz(at)bioinf(dot)uab(dot)cat