Some MySQL features

From: "vincent leycuras" <lv68(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Some MySQL features
Date: 1999-12-03 12:39:51
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi!
I'd like to know if pgsql supports the two excellent features that exist in
MySQL:
- the possibility to load the database with ASCII formatted file containing
the data we want to put;
- the index auto incrementation the prevents from having to specify the
value of the primary key each time one adds a row.

I'd also like to know if the java driver for pgsql really works under linux
as I haven't been able to make the MySQL one work and this thing is really
getting on my nerves...

Thanks!
Vincent.