Re: [HACKERS] regression tests

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us
Cc: Jan Wieck <wieck(at)debis(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] regression tests
Date: 1999-11-17 16:04:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > I took Peter Eisentraut's advice and did it with the old pslq
> > (thanks for the hint).
> >
> > This problem (as expected) remains and happens in the temp
> > test. The two notices occur on creating the temp table and
> > the index on it. After that, the database connection get's
> > lost on the attempt to drop the temp table.
> >
> > Since the postmaster is doing recovery then, the numeric test
> > hasn't been run. All other tests are still O.K.
> >
> > The question is, who did something that could cause this
> > error?
>
> I am sure it was me changing the temp behavior. I will look at it.

Jan, I can't reproduce the temp regression failure here. I did make
changes yesterday morning to this. I assume you have an updated cvs,
right?

Anyway to make the default numeric regression test run faster. It seems
to take quite a while compared to the others.

We certainly need someone to update the regression tests to match the
new format so people can continue running regression tests before
applying patches.