create type question again

From: John Hyland <john(at)e-connectsolutions(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: create type question again
Date: 1999-11-16 17:53:21
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi, I posted yesterday about a problem I was having creating multiple 'text'
types by different names. I was getting an error that array_in(opaque) was not
defined. I think I found an answer for my problem, though, and I thought I'd
share it.

It seems that if I

CREATE TYPE array_in(opaque) RETURNS text
AS '/usr/local/src/postgres-6.5.2/src/include/postgres.h'
LANGUAGE 'c';

as user 'postgres' and then create my types with textin as the input function and
textout as the output function, everything seems to work the way I want it to.

--
John Hyland
SysAdmin, Programmer