parser :parse error

From: "Frederic boucher" <dziablo(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: parser :parse error
Date: 1999-11-08 11:37:47
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,

I'm trying to create a table with a default value for a field that containt
an 's ... And the server always tell me :

Error : parser: parse error at or near "s"

my create looks like :

create table tablename (
thefield varchar(50) default 'Fred''s car'
);

Any suggestion?

PS: This is more a linux question... but.. If I have a big file that
contains all my sql to create my tables structure. I want to run it by
doing "\i filename" but it scroll so fast I can't see when there is
error... is there a way to do a kind of "pipe into less"

\fb