Re: [HACKERS] to_char(), md5() (long)

From: "Oliver Elphick" <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Zakkr <zakkr(at)zf(dot)jcu(dot)cz>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] to_char(), md5() (long)
Date: 1999-10-18 11:33:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Zakkr wrote:

>> /usr/bin/md5sum is compiled from md5.[ch] (written by Colin Plumb in
>> 1993 and modified by Ian Jackson in 1995) and md5sum.c (written by
>> Branko Lankester in 1993 and modified by Colin Plumb in 1993 and Ian
>> Jackson in 1995). The sources and the binary are all in the public
>> domain.
>
> Yes, if I good understand it is not problem (md5sum not has RSA or non-US
>restriction (instead of other cryp. sofrware) ..or not?

`Public domain' means anybody can do whatever they like with it. The
author has abandoned control altogether. This is a matter of copyright. It
is entirely separate from USA's insane export-control regulations and patents.

--
Vote against SPAM: http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/
Oliver Elphick Oliver(dot)Elphick(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk