Re: [SQL] table aliasing problem with 6.5...

From: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Howie <caffeine(at)toodarkpark(dot)org>, pgsql-sql(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: [SQL] table aliasing problem with 6.5...
Date: 1999-09-28 17:46:43
Lists: pgsql-sql

> Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us> writes:
> > I just looked at it, and I woild be required to loop up through the
> > pstate->parentParseState counting how many times I can continue going
> > up, and creating an elog string on the fly to print. Doesn't seem worth
> > it, does it?
>
> It's probably worth saying "in subquery" or not, but if you don't feel
> like determining the exact depth then never mind the sub-subquery bit...
>
> regards, tom lane

Good idea. I have:

test=> select pg_language.*;
NOTICE: Adding missing FROM-clause entry for table pg_language
lanname |lanispl|lanpltrusted|lanplcallfoid|lancompiler
internal|f |f | 0|n/a
lisp |f |f | 0|/usr/ucb/liszt
C |f |f | 0|/bin/cc
sql |f |f | 0|postgres
(4 rows)

test=> select * from pg_language a where lanname in (select pg_language.lanname);
NOTICE: Adding missing FROM-clause entry in subquery for table pg_language