Re: [GENERAL] newbie Connect question

From: Jim Richards <grumpy(at)cyber4(dot)org>
To: "Phil Oelkers" <Phil(dot)Oelkers(at)experian(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] newbie Connect question
Date: 1999-09-03 00:27:22
Lists: pgsql-general

At 05:07 1/09/99 -0500, Phil Oelkers wrote:
>I'm trying to run the following script through interactive postgres.
>
>CONNECT DATABASE BASEBALL;

The correct way to connect to another database within psql is

\connect baseball

but you need to be careful then which user you are attched to. Unlike
Oracle, all users can do DML (CREATE, etc) across all databases, unless
you have specifically set up your security, which is something I'm trying
to work out ...

----
CyberCyberCyberCyber Pty Ltd
http://www.cyber4.org/cyber4/index.html