vacuum analyze

From: Michael Simms <grim(at)argh(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: vacuum analyze
Date: 1999-09-02 14:19:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi, Ive spent the last 4 days working my butt off trying to find the cause of
the seemingly random vacuum analyze crash. Actually Ive been just
trying to reproduce it, cos as soon as I added in -ggdb into the
compile rules it stopped happening *grrr* (not that Im surprised. It
was random at best before, and things like this always hide when you
try and look for them).

But after 4 days of frustration, I just want to be sure - nobody else
has found the problem and solved it have they? I just dont want to
waste my time on this if someone else has found the cause...

Thanx

M Simms