Re: [SQL] Don't need transaction integrity - can I turn it off

From: "Oliver Elphick" <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Hamid Khoshnevis <hamid(at)emarq(dot)com>, pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [SQL] Don't need transaction integrity - can I turn it off
Date: 1999-08-27 08:33:44
Lists: pgsql-sql

Bruce Momjian wrote:
>[Charset iso-8859-1 unsupported, filtering to ASCII...]
>> My application requires very fast update/insert- where I am told mySQL
>> shines. Can I turn off commit/rollback in Postgres so as to dramatically
>> speed up insert/updates. I understand and accept the cost of dropping som
>> insert/updates.
>
>Yes, we have no-fsync option. See FAQ.

But that has to do with not forcing a sync to disk after every write.
I've never heard of an ability to disable transactions; isn't every
operation outside an explicitly-declared transaction made a single
separate transaction by default?

--
Vote against SPAM: http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/
Oliver Elphick Oliver(dot)Elphick(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk