Re: [HACKERS] Aborted Transaction During Vacuum

From: "Oliver Elphick" <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "G(dot) Anthony Reina" <reina(at)nsi(dot)edu>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Aborted Transaction During Vacuum
Date: 1999-08-13 18:04:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
>> Oliver Elphick (Oliver(dot)Elphick(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk) told me that this sounds
>> like like a bug you patched for him a few days ago:
>
>I doubt it's the same bug --- the error message generated by the other
>bug was different...

The error message I posted was the log output at level 3, which he doesn't
seem to be running; if you switch to logging at that level, look for
messages that mention pg_vlock.

As far as I recall, the only error message he has listed so far is from
psql, which merely records the unlink failure at the end of the vacuum.
Everything else looks remarkably like the vc_abort bug.

--
Vote against SPAM: http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/
Oliver Elphick Oliver(dot)Elphick(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk