tuples

From: "Collin F(dot) Lynch" <clynch(at)water2(dot)cs(dot)umass(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: tuples
Date: 1999-06-15 19:16:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I'm attempting to create a custom image object for my database. At this point the
object contains only two variable length text fields and two size specifiers. Attatched below
is my code for the object and the image_in function. Whenever I attempt to insert something
using the image_in function I get one of two errors.

test2=> insert into images2 values ('ad, fg, 32, 64');
NOTICE: a
NOTICE: ad, fg, 32, 64
NOTICE: ad
NOTICE: fg
NOTICE: 32
NOTICE: 64
NOTICE: f
NOTICE: g
NOTICE: r
NOTICE: c
NOTICE: d
NOTICE: ad
NOTICE: fg
ERROR: Tuple is too big: size 52240

or

test2=> insert into images2 values ('ad, fg, 32, 64');
NOTICE: a
NOTICE: ad, fg, 32, 64
NOTICE: ad
NOTICE: fg
NOTICE: 32
NOTICE: 64
NOTICE: f
PQexec() -- Request was sent to backend, but backend closed the channel before responding.
This probably means the backend terminated abnormally before or while processing the
request.

I am at a loss to explain either of these errors can anyone give me a hand?

Attachment Content-Type Size
unknown_filename text/plain 2.6 KB