Re: [PORTS] Port Bug Report: Would not build with -O2 flags set

From: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Ritch Azocar <admin(at)dqu(dot)cc(dot)ca(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [PORTS] Port Bug Report: Would not build with -O2 flags set
Date: 1999-06-04 21:41:04
Lists: pgsql-ports

This is not a suprise, and something we have been looking at in 6.5beta.
egcs does some optimization of function calls with short int parameters,
and calling the adt functions through function pointers triggers a
problem.

Only certain platforms do this optimization. I don't think we can fix
it for 6.5, but it is good to know.