Re: [SQL] Howto convert floats to text?

From: Martin Leja <martin(at)unix-ag(dot)org>
To: José Soares <jose(at)sferacarta(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [SQL] Howto convert floats to text?
Date: 1999-06-04 17:22:21
Lists: pgsql-sql

At 14:51 04.06.99 +0200, you wrote:
>Use this PL/pgSQL script to create text(float), varchar(float), char(float):
>create function text(float) returns text as
>'begin
> return $1;
>end;
>' language 'plpgsql';

Thanks for the tip, but if i try the above, i get:
ERROR: Unrecognized language specified in a CREATE FUNCTION: 'plpgsql'.
Recognized languages are sql, C, internal and the created procedural
languages.

what is pl/pgsql? I using postgres 6.3.2 (slink/stable debian package), do
i hve to upgrade to a higer version, or is this plpgsql thing to be
installed separately?

--
Regards, martin(at)unix-ag(dot)org