Re: [SQL] Column name's length

From: Zalman Stern <zalman(at)netcom(dot)com>
To: tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us (Tom Lane)
Cc: tpham(at)mail(dot)priority(dot)net, pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [SQL] Column name's length
Date: 1999-06-01 23:37:48
Lists: pgsql-sql

> Hmm, that probably means that Zalman hasn't found all the dependencies
> on NAMEDATALEN after all :-(. Which version are you using, exactly?

I just redid my diff and the posted changes really are the only ones to my
6.4.2 sources. This database is working great on a RedHat Linux 5.2 Intel
machine. Without a stack trace from the crashing backend, there's not much
we can do from here...

I did do everything from scratch and I was seeing a crash init'ing the
database before I discovered the PADDED_SBUFDESC_SIZE dependency.

-Z-