VB6 ODBC PostgreSQL accessing failure.

From: "Bill Draper" <bill(dot)draper(at)controls(dot)eurotherm(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: VB6 ODBC PostgreSQL accessing failure.
Date: 1999-05-11 09:54:14
Lists: pgsql-general

I have encountered a problem accessing my PostgreSQL database. I am
accessing via VB6 using an ADODC/ODBC link with 32 columns in a
postgresql table. If I access directly it fails with an 'unexpected failure' when
attempting to use a drop down field list from a fields properties. If I use all the
same structure but link from VB6 to the PostgreSQL table via an ODBC link in
an Access database it all works fine. Also if I use 31 columns then it will
access the table directly with no problems. I don't know if this is a VB6, ODBC,
ADO, or PostgreSQL problem. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. I am
using the latest version of PostgreSQL and drivers.