Re: [INTERFACES] Bug in psql?

From: Charles Stroom <charles(at)stroom-schreurs(dot)demon(dot)nl>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Bug in psql?
Date: 1999-05-11 07:16:44
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I have a (newbie) question on pgaccess. Have installed postgresql-6.4.2
from source on Linux RH5.1 (with some updates). Everything seems ok,
psql runs fine.

When I use pgaccess, it works and connects, also from another user.
However, this is the RH pgaccess, 0.86.

I have also available pgaccess from source (0.96), but this version
opens the DB ("regression", I can see the tables), gives an error
message and, after clicking the "OK" on the error message window,
quits. The error message in the window reads:
"
Tcl error executing pg_exec
select relname from pg_class
where relname='pga_queries'

Invalid optionpg_result result
?option? where ?option is
-status
-conn
-assign
arrayVarName
-assignbyidx
arrayVarName
-numTuples
-attributes
-lAttributes
-numAttrs
-getTuple
tupleNumber
-tupleArray
tupleNumber arrayVarName
-clear
-oid
"

After the OK, I get also some more error messages on the screen:

Error in startup script: First argument is not a valid query result
while executing
"pg_result $pgres -numTuples"
(procedure "open_database" line 36)
invoked from within
"open_database"
(procedure "main" line 21)
invoked from within
"main $argc $argv"
(file "pgaccess.tcl" line 5044)

Can it be that my 'wish' is too old (seems I have wish8.0)?
Anyone had similar problems?

Thanks

Charles Stroom

email: charles(at)stroom-schreurs(dot)demon(dot)nl
url: http://www.stroom-schreurs.demon.nl/