ODBC boolean conversion and scandinavian characters

From: "Finn Kettner" <fk(at)akf(dot)dk>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: ODBC boolean conversion and scandinavian characters
Date: 1999-05-07 20:12:10
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi there.

I'm using Postgres 6.3.2 with the ODBC driver, and have come across a
few oddities when exporting tables from Access97 to Postgres:

1. boolean fields are converted to type bpchar instead of type bool.
2. scandinavian characters (That is 'æøåÆØÅ') are converted to '_'.

Is this the normal behavior?? I can't seem to find anything in the
documentation/faq about these issues. Is there any way I can help the
two inconveniencies other that hard manual work :-).

Yours faithfully.
Finn Kettner.