question about pg_dump

From: Bill Brandt <brandtwr-pgsql(at)draaw(dot)net>
To: pgsql-sql(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: question about pg_dump
Date: 1999-03-03 03:01:56
Lists: pgsql-sql

I'm trying to upgrade from 6.3. In doing this, I performed a pg_dump of
each database (pg_dump -o where the oid's matter). I have one database
(which doesn't use oid info in the tables btw) that is around 40MB of
data. The output file that created looks fine, but when I go to load the
data, it gets a portion of the way into loading and indicates that you
cannot exceed 20000 lines of input on a copy command. Is there a way to
dump the database that it won't try more than 20000 lines at a time? I
kept the 6.3 directory so dumping again is not a big deal.

Bill

--
Bill Brandt
brandtwr(at)draaw(dot)net http://www.draaw.net/