Re: [HACKERS] RPM maintainer?

From: Brook Milligan <brook(at)trillium(dot)NMSU(dot)Edu>
To: lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu
Cc: clark(dot)evans(at)manhattanproject(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] RPM maintainer?
Date: 1999-01-13 15:20:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

That would be great. The RedHat folks are swamped with maintaining
*lots* of packages, and I'm sure it would help if we could do the
maintenance of the rpm for them.

Does this mean that we should consider maintaining other packaging
systems, e.g., the pkg systems used by FreeBSD/NetBSD/... ? I have no
idea if there is interest among the "normal" maintainers of those
things, but I suspect that like all of us they have too many things
going on also.

Cheers,
Brook