Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL 6.4 problems on Linux.

From: "Oliver Elphick" <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Kevin Lo <jwlo(at)ms11(dot)hinet(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL 6.4 problems on Linux.
Date: 1998-11-07 07:34:41
Lists: pgsql-general

Kevin Lo wrote:
>Oliver Elphick wrote:
>>
>> I suggest that he use ipcrm to clear shared memory segments and then try
>> again.
>
>Hi, Oliver,
>
>I don't know how to use ipcrm, would you like to teach me, thanks.
>For example, I run ipcrm shm, it displays:
>
>ipcrm shm
>usage: ipcrm [shm | msg | sem] id
>
>What does 'id' mean?

Use ipcs to list shared resources, ipcrm to remove one. The id is the
number listed under shmid by ipcs.

Remember the man program; that should be your first call for help on
program usage.

Example:

bash-2.01$ ipcs

------ Shared Memory Segments --------
key shmid owner perms bytes nattch status
0xacec9312 3 root 666 256776 0

------ Semaphore Arrays --------
key semid owner perms nsems status

------ Message Queues --------
key msqid owner perms used-bytes messages
0xacea0207 0 root 666 0 0

bash-2.01$ ipcrm shm 3
resource deleted

--
Oliver Elphick Oliver(dot)Elphick(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk
Isle of Wight http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver