Updating database

From: Barracuda <cuda_fx(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Updating database
Date: 1998-11-05 14:06:14
Lists: pgsql-sql

Please help:)

We have a knowledge base that needs updated every night from a large
text file. Currently a script deletes everything from a table and
adds the new data. This procedure seems to slowly cause the database
to loose performance daily. It also leaves our database useless for
several hours starting at midnight. I thought about using 2
databases, updating one while using the other, then swapping them
every day. I also thought about having one db.out, then the other in.

Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Charles Day