Re: [HACKERS] perl interface bug?

From: Brook Milligan <brook(at)trillium(dot)NMSU(dot)Edu>
To: tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us
Cc: hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] perl interface bug?
Date: 1998-10-15 14:16:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

It might be that installing a copy of libpq.so into the same directory
that the perl module shlib goes into would make it work. I haven't
tried that, but if it works it might be a better answer than this
rebuild-afterwards approach.

NO, NO, NO! We don't want TWO copies of libpq floating around. The
correct solution, I think, is to make the libraries know about each
other. My patch does that, though there may be other solutions that
do the same thing.

What we need is to determine if there are cases in which that rebuild
after install method does not work.

Cheers,
Brook