Re: [GENERAL] Is there a server log????

From: "Oliver Elphick" <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Jeremy Hansen <jeremy(at)xxedgexx(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Is there a server log????
Date: 1998-09-26 21:11:07
Lists: pgsql-general

Jeremy Hansen wrote:

>Is there a server log for postgres? Something that records errors,
>or some type of debugging information. I'm trying to debug a simple
>modify in perl that's not working and it's driving me crazy because
>I see no error output.

Debugging options can be set on the backend; look at the man page for
postgres. Use the -o option to the postmaster to set the backend options,
remembering to enclose all the backend options in single quotes.

--
Oliver Elphick Oliver(dot)Elphick(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk
Isle of Wight http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver