postgreSQL 6.4 patches

From: "Billy G(dot) Allie" <Bill(dot)Allie(at)mug(dot)org>
To: hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: postgreSQL 6.4 patches
Date: 1998-09-13 03:16:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Here are some additional patches needed to get the UnixWare 7 C++ compiler to
attempt to compile libpq++. The patches address the following problems:

1. In my first pass at changing the libpq++ makefile, I forgot to include the
PORTNAME in the Makefile.in file.

2. The UnixWare 7 C++ compiler did not like the '-K alloca' option in
CXXFLAGS.
Unfortunately, the '-K alloca' option is needed in CFLAGS (from which
CXXFLAGS is dereived). My solution was to redefine the COMPILE.cc macro
for the unixware (and univel) port when the compiler is not g++ so that the
'-K alloca' option is removed.

3. The '-Xa' and '-v' options were removed from the CFLAGS entry in the
unixware template. The '-Xa' option is a default and was not compatable
with the C++ compiler. The '-v' option turns on verbose mode in the
compiler and (IMHO) should not be in CFLAGS by default.

The good news is that the C++ compiler will execute correctly when (g)make
runs.

The bad news is that the C++ compiler is unable to compile the source because
it does not have a full implementation of 'string'. As the problem is related
to the compiler and not the implementation of libpq++, I will not (at this
time) continue trying to compile libpq++ on UnixWare. If libpq++ is needed,
then postgreSQL for UnixWare will have to be compiled with gcc/g++.

Attachment Content-Type Size
uw7p5.patch application/x-patch 1.8 KB