ecpg problem

From: "Dr(dot) Michael Meskes" <meskes(at)online-club(dot)de>
To: PostgreSQL Hacker <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ecpg problem
Date: 1998-08-14 08:49:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I just found this one on my TODO list:

The error message for "no data" in an exec sql insert select from statement
has to be 100.

It seems I cannot get that kind of information from libpq other than
checking for the result being 0 tuples. But is this correct? Or are there
possibilities to get 0 tuples? That is I get PQcmdTuples(results) = 0 with
the return code being PGRES_COMMAND_OK.

Also I wonder if PGRES_COMMAND_OK could come from other statements for which
setting the not found marker makes no sense. I think it does make sense for
insert, delete and update.

On the other hand returning NOT_FOUND on other commands doesn't do hany harm
though since the whenever not found isn't checked for other commands.

Michael
--
Dr. Michael Meskes meskes(at)online-club(dot)de, meskes(at)debian(dot)org
Go SF49ers! Go Rhein Fire! Use Debian GNU/Linux!