Re: Source code archive location

From: bower(at)image(dot)Kodak(dot)COM (J Christopher Bower)
To: neil(at)iphil(dot)net
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: Source code archive location
Date: 1998-07-21 19:44:37
Lists: pgsql-general

>On Fri, 17 Jul 1998, J. Christopher Bower wrote:

> I am looking for Postgresql Version 6.2, can you tell me where I can
> find it. I need the pg_Dump utility to dump a 6.1database.
> Thanks in advance for your help.

strange. you should be able to use the pg_dump of 6.3.2 to dump your 6.1
database. have you tried that?

[---]
Neil,

Thanks for your response, I have tried this and get the following error:

be_recvauth: unrecognized message type: 65536
postmaster: ConnStartup: Failed to authenticate client as Postgres
user 'bower' using <unknown authentication type>: be_recvauth:
unrecognized message type: 65536

Connection to database 'imagelib' failed.
Failed to authenticate client as Postgres user 'bower' using
<unknown authentication type>: be_recvauth: unrecognized message
type: 65536

Do you know if there is any setup that needs to be done? Thanks in
advance.

Chris