Performance /C++/Documentation

From: Philippe LEWEST <lewest(at)bruyeres(dot)cea(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Performance /C++/Documentation
Date: 1998-06-10 08:10:01
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,
I have 5 problems:

1- I need precise performances about postgresql. In particuliar I want
to know if POSTGRES DATABASE can support 50000 or more tables without
performance problem?. The searches would only use a few of these
tables ( 10 at best ).

I suppose the disk storage place available.

2- when using Libpq is the size of a query limited in a PQexec?

3- I would like to know how many LARGE FILE is it possible to create
in the database.

4- This point is more technical. I want to use the C++ compiler and
I don't succeed compiling. I have the following error message:

"../postgresql-6.3/src/include/c.h", line 67: Error: "," expected
instead of "*".
BLABLABLA ...

5- I dont find documentation about the SQL understood by POSTGRESQL.
Where can I find some. I rather prefer something printable if
possible.

Can someone help me. Thanks in advance.

Lewest Ph.