Another postgres user/group name possibble?

From: "Richard Ryan" <ryanr(at)ez0(dot)ezlink(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Another postgres user/group name possibble?
Date: 1998-06-10 02:18:33
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

I've got a bit of a complicated problem here with a postgres user
already existing on the network I'm on (and having /dev/null as its
home). Is there a way I can something other than ``postgres'' as a name
for the Postgres superuser and group name? I don't know why anybody
would create a postgres user on our network, but I would just rather not
deal with it.

Thanks,
Richard.