[HACKERS] Platform status

From: Frank Ridderbusch <ridderbusch(dot)pad(at)sni(dot)de>
To: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: Postgres Porting List <ports(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>, Postgres Hackers List <hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: [HACKERS] Platform status
Date: 1998-02-19 20:32:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thomas G. Lockhart writes:
> Here is my current list of supported platforms. The outstanding issues
> are:
>
> aix/3.5 - anyone able to test? Success on aix4.x good enough??
> hpux/9.0.x - anyone testing? there are installation differences with
> hpux10.20. Supported?
> irix5 - is irix6 testing enough? Should we just say irix is supported?
> dec/alpha - any progress? Someone able to help on the inlining assembler
> problems?
> linux/alpha - any progress?
> mklinux/ppc - still core dumping on regression tests? why??
> sco - anyone able to test? If not, moving to unsupported list :(
> svr4 - anyone able to test? If not, ...
^^^^

I tried with last Sundays snapshot (I think). I got it to compile,
with some minor fixes necessary. However I was yet unable to run the
regression tests yet. It appears, I already have problems during the
initdb stage. I'm going to write a more detailed report next morning (my
local time).

> ultrix4 - any users anymore? If not, ...
> nextstep - moving to unsupported list unless someone claims v6.3
> success.

One major problem is, that I can't connect with psql to the postmaster
via the UNIX domain socket. Judging from netstat (below) output the
postmaster is listening ok.

$ netstat -f unix
Active UNIX domain sockets
Address Type Vnode Conn Addr
805c6f9c stream 2204 0 /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432

Are there any SOLARIS specific ifdefs in the UNIX domain socket stuff?
If there are, I think it could very well be, that they also apply for
SVR4.
--
MfG/Regards
Siemens Nixdorf Informationssysteme AG

Since I have taken all the Gates out of my computer, it finally works!!