Re: [HACKERS] The use of macros for heap_getattr.

From: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bill(dot)Allie(at)mug(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] The use of macros for heap_getattr.
Date: 1998-02-09 15:50:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> The compiler I'm using breaks while compiling aclchk.c, in particular, when
> processing the heap_getattr macro. Yes, I know that it may compile with gcc
> (may, because I have not tried it yet), but I would rather not have to rely on
> gcc. Would it be possible to include the non-macro version as a static
> function in the appropiate header file? This would allow the compiler to
> in-line the function if it would provide a speed increase.

Send me the error, and try and determine what makes it break. I will
try to change it so your compiler will work. I used no gcc-specific
stuff in there that I know of. Also, try removing stuff until it
compiles so I can know what it exactly does not like.

--
Bruce Momjian
maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us